*This page was created using machine translation
The name of Tsumago-juku Waki-honjin is “Okuya”, and Mr. Hayashi has served for generations. The current building was rebuilt in 1877 after the ban on Kiso Goboku was lifted.
It was opened to the public as the core of Tsumago-juku preservation in 1967, and was designated as a national important cultural property in 2001. In the back storehouse, a wealth of folk materials related to Waki-honjin and materials related to Toson Shimazaki literature are exhibited.